Fun with Liquid Nitrogen Workshop
This programme is recommended for those who attend low-temperature science programs for the first time. The program involves several demonstrations that showcase the properties of liquid nitrogen. Students will be awed by liquid nitrogen as it smokes, expands, and evaporates. The ability of liquid nitrogen to readily freeze objects and make a banana assume hammer-like properties will definitely amaze students.
This fun-filled program also touches on concepts of force, pressure, effects of cooling, properties of materials, and change of state from a temperature of -196°C to room temperature.
Mode of Delivery:
Classroom session with educator provided; Suitable for Primary to Secondary Students
30 students (minimum), 80 students (maximum)
- 1 hour snow play
- 1 hour liquid nitrogen workshop
- 30 minutes changing of winter apparel
- $15+ per Primary School student & $16+ per Secondary School student (MOE-subsidized school)
- $21+ per student (Private School and Student Care Centre)
- Free admission to 1 teacher for every group of 10 students
- $10 for every additional teacher/adult
Mode of Delivery
Force, pressure, effects of cooling, properties of materials, change of state of matter, temperature
Due to the vast number of emails we receive everyday, we seek your understanding to allow us to get back to you within 3 -5 working days. The corporate office is open from Monday to Friday, 9 am – 6 pm. Please note that emails sent on Saturdays, Sundays, Public Holidays and after office hours will be received on the next working day.