Snow City Brings in the Full Winter Experience to Beat the Heat this June
Beat the blistering summer heat in sunny Singapore this June with a full winter experience at Singapore’s first indoor snow centre, Snow City! Featuring a dine-in-the-snow experience, snowfall and snow blizzard, Snow City is launching a brand-new attraction this June to add to the chill and fun!
Introducing Drift on Ice – the first ever bumper car ride in a sub-zero environment
The only bumper car experience on ice in Singapore, Drift on Ice is a new addition to the snow and winter experience at Snow City. The 5-minute bumper car ride promises the fun and excitement of the signature carnival attraction, but on ice and in a sub-zero environment! Awarded by Singapore Book of Records as ‘Singapore Coldest Bumper Car Arena’, be one of the first in Singapore to try this unique ride when it opens to public this June holidays, perfect for families and friends looking to have some fun during the school break!
“We are thrilled to welcome everyone, young and old to Snow City to experience a white winter in sunny Singapore! With the new Drift on Ice attraction, we aim to provide a fun and holistic snow experience intensified with a carnival classic ride for our guests,” Norazani Shaiddin, General Manager, Snow City said.
Associate Prof Lim Tit Meng, Chief Executive, Science Centre Singapore added, “Snow City acts as an alternate classroom to educate our visitors about climate change and global warming while providing an edutainment experience. The Drift on Ice will offer our guests an added dimension and we are excited to bring a fresh activity for one and all to enjoy a colder season here in Singapore.”
With something suitable for every member of the family, Snow City brings the winter season and fun to our sunny shores, without having to step out of the country.
Safety Measures for Drift on Ice
Please observe this ride and read safety notice before riding:
- Visitors must be above 0.9m to ride.
- Visitors between 0.9m to 1.2m must be accompanied by a responsible adult (above 1.2m) in the same car.
- Each car can take a total of 2 passengers (maximum combined weight of 200kgs).
- Visitors suffering from heart conditions, spinal problems, any other serious medical, mental or contagious conditions should not ride. This ride is not suitable for less able-bodied persons. Expectant mothers should not ride.
- Visitors under the strong influence of alcohol may not be allowed on the ride.
- Visitors are to remain seated at all times and keep seat belt on during the ride. Do not stand up until the bumper car stops. Do not stretch out arms or legs or lean out.
- Visitors are to remove and secure all loose and sharp belongings.
- Long hair should be secured.
- No photography or videography is allowed during the ride.
- Due to the design of the seats and safety harnesses, it may not be possible for persons of certain sizes to ride.
- The management reserves the right to refuse admission to any person whom is given reasonable cause to believe may prejudice the safety of the ride.
- Visitors ride at their own risk.